Nau mai, haere mai! Tirohia tēnei. Welcome! Please check this out.
We were set up to provide independent oversight across the Oranga Tamariki system, monitoring those agencies that have custody and care of tamariki (children) and rangatahi (youth). We report to the Minister for Children with the results of our monitoring activity and, once released, the reports are published on our website.
The Ministry of Social Development (the Ministry) has been given the job of building the Monitor and the initial phases of monitoring operations. Once new legislation is passed and the Monitor is well established, there is an in-principle decision to transfer the monitoring function to the Office of the Children’s Commissioner.
You can also subscribe to our updates to receive notification of new vacancies.
Please note that as the Ministry has been given the job of building the Monitor, all Monitor job applications will be processed through the Ministry’s recruitment system. Please follow the links below to be redirected to the Ministry’s careers page where you can view the position description and apply for the role you are interested in.
Lead Advisor Communications and Engagement
Fixed term, full time, Wellington
- Support improving outcomes for our tamariki and rangatahi
- Drive your own work programme
- Be part of a new organisation, a new team and a new way of operating
The Kaitohutohu Tūhono Mātāmua /Lead Advisor Communications and Engagement is a stand-alone role and therefore we are looking for someone who is comfortable in both the strategic and tactical space. On a day-to-day basis you will be primarily focussed on implementing and enhancing the communications strategy. You will be actively thinking about ways for the Monitor to build the team culture and be proactive about organising opportunities to do this.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and enhancing the Monitor’s existing website – experience with Silverstripe or similar, and Google analytics, a real advantage
- Drafting the monthly external newsletter – we use MailChimp
- Providing editing and formatting support for all external documents, some basic design experience an advantage
- Liaising with external printing, graphics and creative providers
- Supporting the Monitor’s leadership team with media, key messages, presentations and other communications collateral, including regular internal communications
- Building the Monitor’s profile over time
We are also looking for someone who has experience with engagement and who is confident to maintain and monitor the national engagement plan. This involves supporting the Leadership team and Operations team with regular engagements with partners and supporting hui and events.
In this role you will have autonomy, the ability to drive your own work programme and the opportunity to work flexibly in a way that works for you and your other commitments.
This fixed term role will initially run through to the end of June 2021.